Just when you thought Ford is finally done with the Heritage Editions of the Ford GT, it comes up with another one. After the Alan Mann Heritage Edition in February 2022, now there’s the Holman Moody Heritage Edition, which brings the number of Heritage Editions Ford made since 2017 to 8.
The second-gen Ford GT production is gonna end this year, and Ford has confirmed that the Holman Moody is gonna be the final Heritage Edition. However, that doesn’t mean there isn’t another final special edition in the works. But anyway, the Holman Moody Heritage Edition pays homage to the original GT40 MK II race car that was part of Ford’s 1-2-3 finish at the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The car features a gold and red livery, contrasted with Oxford White roundels with No. 5 stamped on the doors, hood and rear wing—all matching the appearance of the aforementioned 1966 Ford GT40 raced by Holman Moody. The 20-inch carbon fibre wheels hide black lacquered Brembo calipers.
Inside, the carbon fibre seat surfaces are wrapped in Ebony Alcantara, contrasted with gold accent stitching, while embossed seating surfaces and head restraints carry a debossed GT logo. The dashboard is wrapped in Ebony leather and Ebony Alcantara, while pillars and headliner are wrapped exclusively in Ebony Alcantara.
The steering wheel is finished in Ebony Alcantara with black stitching, while the paddle shifters are finished in exterior-matching Holman Moody Gold.
The Ford GT Heritage Edition timeline:
- 2022 Ford GT Alan Mann Heritage Edition honoring the No. 16 Alan Mann Ford GT MK I lightweight experimental prototype that helped pave the way for the 1-2-3 sweep at the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans; currently in production
- 2022 Ford GT ’64 Prototype Heritage Edition honoring Ford GT’s roots and the earliest five original Ford GT prototypes; currently in production
- 2021 Ford GT ’66 Daytona Heritage Edition honoring the Ford GT MK II No. 98 race car that gave Ford a 1-2-3-5 domination at Daytona in 1966, kicking off a magical season for the GT40 MK II; only 50 built
- 2020 Ford GT ’69 Gulf Livery Heritage Edition honoring the 1969 Le Mans-winning Ford GT40 MK I No. 6; only 50 built
- 2019 Ford GT ’68 Gulf Livery Heritage Edition honoring the 1968 Le Mans-winning Ford GT40 MK I No. 9; only 50 built
- 2018 Ford GT ’67 Heritage Edition honoring the 1967 Le Mans-winning Ford GT40 MK IV No. 1; only 39 built
- 2017 Ford GT ’66 Heritage Edition honoring Ford GT40 MK II No. 2 that won the 1966 Le Mans; only 27 built
The 2022 Ford GT Holman Moody Heritage Edition is available for approved Ford GT customers, with first deliveries taking place this spring.