Nissan India today launched NissanConnect, a smartphone app which gives various information about the car, and the ability to book a service appointment.
Available across the Nissan range of cars – Micra, Sunny and Terrano, NissanConnect offers 50+ Connected Car features which come with three years of free subscription and one year of Nissan warranty program calculated from the start of the activation. Nissan said that the app has been developed by Renault Nissan Technology Business Centre India (RNTBCI), and is a factory fitted Connected Car Technology solution with an embedded Telematics Control Unit paired with an inbuilt SIM for every car and a dedicated server.
- Pit Stops: Find nearby fuel stations, Nissan dealerships, service stations etc.
- Service Booking: Book your car service in advance on the tap of a button
- Nissan Event Notify: Stay updated on exciting events and offers from Nissan
- Locate my Car: Locate your car even when you are not with your car
- Trip Plan: Weather information, fastest route guidance and past history
- Voice Assist Alerts: Better control of your car with voice alerts
- Speed Alert: Alerts you when the car is exceeding the set speed limit
- Geo Fencing: Alerts you when your vehicle moves out of a set boundary area
- Curfew Alert: Alerts you when your car moves outside a set time
- Share my Car Location: Share your car location whenever you want and with whoever you want
- Nissan Community: Interact and share your experiences with NissanConnect Community Members
- Additional Features: Eco Score, Roadside Assistance and E-Call (Panic Button)
Available on select variants, NissanConnect can be download from the app store of your respective mobile platforms across Android, iOS and Windows. Then you’ll have to contact your dealer to activate the app on the purchase of a new Nissan car. Settings and customizing can be done at www.nissanconnect.in
Arun Malhotra, Managing Director of Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. said, “NissanConnect embodies the best of Nissan’s innovative spirit and is designed to enhance the overall driving experience for everyone. It enables better comfort, convenience, control and safety through technologies that bring people closer together. Inspired by the future, NissanConnect will benefit our customers today.”
Krishnan Sundararajan, Managing Director, Renault Nissan Technology Business Centre India added, “The emergence of Internet of Things (IoT) is shifting gears in the automotive industry, leading it to its most significant innovation phase and ushering in new opportunities. We are privileged to be a part of this unprecedented journey. With NissanConnect, we aim to provide an effortless driving experience integrated with our customers’ connected lifestyle while maintaining data security.”