Hyundai has announced that its tiny crossover, the Venue, has crossed over 100,000 sales in 1 year of its launch, with over 97,400 happy customers in India and over 7,400 happy customers elsewhere. The SUV made its global debut in April 2019 simultaneously in New York and in Goa, India. It was launched in India in May 2019.
The Indian version measures even shorter (3,995 mm) than the one sold outside to take advantage of the country’s sub-4 metre segment. At launch, the Venue in India was offered with 1.2L N/A petrol, 1.0L turbo petrol and 1.4L turbo diesel engines. The latter was replaced with a 1.5L BS6 compliant unit in March 2020; it produces 10 hp and 20 Nm (15 lb-ft) more than the previous 1.4L unit. Download the brochure here.
Hyundai India also shared a few more facts about the Venue:
- Highest selling sub-4 metre compact SUV in CY 2020 in India (Jan-May)
- Nearly 44% of sales are of 1.0L T-GDi engine variants
- Over 15,000 units sold of the 1.0L T-GDi engine variants are mated with 7-speed DCT
- Over 30% contribution from the 1.5L U2 CRDi BS6 engine (Mar-Jun 2020)
- Over 30,000 customers have opted for variants with BlueLink connected car technology
Hyundai Venue is India’s first fully connected SUV and most awarded Car of The Year 2019-20, setting a chord with new age customers. Additionally, the Venue has paved the way to democratize global technologies such as Kappa 1.0L T-GDi and 7-speed DCT for Hyundai cars in India, offering customers’ excitement, delight and enhanced value. – SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India