Italian superbike maker Ducati has launched the Diavel Diesel in India, priced at Rs 19.92 lakh ex-showroom, Delhi. Similar to the Ducati Monster Diesel in 2012, this is the collaboration with the Italian fashion brand Diesel, and not about the fuel.
Globally limited to 666 units, the Diavel Diesel is the collaboration between Andrea Rosso, Creative Director of Diesel Licences, and the Ducati Design Center. The bike was unveiled at the 2017 Milan Men’s Fashion Week.
The Ducati Diavel Diesel is characterized by a hand-brushed stainless steel superstructure with visible welding and rivets. Details like the tank cover, front cowl and passenger saddle further adds to the style. The saddle, made of real leather, is unique to this Diavel, on which the pyramid element appears at various points: three identical faces embodying the three Ds of Ducati, Diavel and Diesel.
Other distinguishing features of this special Diavel include the lateral air intake covers, made of red methacrylate with the Diesel logo on the inside. Red is also the colour of the Brembo front brake callipers, of five chain links and the LCD dashboard, which recalls vintage digital displays. The Diavel Diesel’s exhaust pipes are graced by black Zircotec ceramic coating and black silencers with ends machined from solid, on which the new pyramid motif appears.
The Diavel Diesel is powered by Ducati’s 162 hp Testastretta 11° DS 1.2 litre L-Twin engine, and comes with the Ducati Safety Pack (ABS and Ducati Traction Control). Ducati says, the 240 mm wide rear tyre is full of personality and, thanks to the effective chassis set-up, also delivers high-precision handling but also comfort for day-to-day use.
The Ducati Diavel Diesel is available on order at Ducati dealerships in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune and Ahmedabad.
- Tank cover in hand-brushed stainless steel with visible welding and rivets
- Front cowl and passenger saddle cover with visible welding and rivets
- Black lateral anodized air intakes with visible welding
- Lateral air intake covers in red methacrylate with the Diesel logo on the inside
- Red LCD dashboard
- Exhaust pipes with black Zircotec ceramic coating
- Black silencers with ends machined from solid
- Exclusive design leather saddle with DDD pyramid
- Numbered plate on frame
- Matte black front mudguard with DDD pyramid
- Rear-view mirrors with stem and cup machined from solid
- Red Brembo front brake callipers
- Chain with five red links
- Bike cover and rear stand supplied standard
My favorite bit – Never Look Back.