Of course, if you want to go on an adventure or camping, there are more practical options such as a Macan or a Cayenne. But if you’re one of those few crazy ones who insist on taking your 911 everywhere, including for camping, well, Porsche is offering a new roof tent that would perfectly fit on top of your 911, as would on a Panamera or a Taycan.
Co-designed by Studio F.A. Porsche in Zell am See, the two-person tent can be fitted on models with and without roof rails. The example here showcases the tent mounted on a 911 Carrera. In its extended position, the floor surface measures 210 x 130 cm, and comes with an integrated high-density polyfoam mattress. The tent walls are made of a breathable cotton blend. And of course, the tent is designed for wetter weather too.
As for other features, both side windows can be fully opened for ventilation. An insect guard offers protection against mosquitoes and an additional black-out function helps keep the light out. Buyers can choose between the Black/Light Grey and Black/Dark Grey hardcase, each of which comes with a matt black Porsche branding.
- Length x width x height (folded): 146 x 140 x 33 cm
- Length x width x height (extended): 258 x 257 x 118 cm
- Weight: approx. 56 kg (123 lbs)
- Maximum load when stationary: approx. 190 kg (419 lbs) for vehicles with roof rails and approx. 140 kg (309 lbs) for vehicles without roof rails
- Top speed with installed roof tent: 130 km/h (81 mph)
Price? €4,980 in Germany (including 19% VAT). Deliveries begin in November 2022.