Bugatti Rimac is now official; Stephan Winkelmann to focus on Lamborghini

L-R: Lutz Meschke, Mate Rimac and Oliver Blume

Just over four months ago, it was made official that the Bugatti brand will fall under a new parent company called Bugatti Rimac—which will be 45% owned by Porsche (Porsche AG) and the remaining 55% by Rimac Group. Well, now the new parent company is almost official with HQ in Sveta Nedelja, Zagreb County, Croatia, and Mate Rimac has also assumed the CEO position of Bugatti Rimac.

Stephan Winkelmann, who has been holding a dual position as President of both Automobili Lamborghini and Bugatti since December 1, 2020, will now focus exclusively on Lamborghini. Porsche’s Oliver Blume and Lutz Meschke, Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, respectively, are members of the Bugatti Rimac supervisory board.

Christophe Piochon, previously Managing Director of Production and Logistics at Bugatti, will become Bugatti’s new President. He will also hold the Chief Operating Officer position at Bugatti Rimac.


Hendrik Malinowski, previously Head of Sales and Operation at Bugatti Automobiles, is now responsible for Sales and Marketing for Bugatti brand. Larissa Fleischer is leaving Porsche to join Bugatti Rimac as the new Chief Financial Officer. Emilio Scervo will be the new Chief Technology Officer at Bugatti Rimac; he previously held similar positions at McLaren and Rimac Automobili.

All Bugatti models will continue to be hand-built at the Molsheim Atelier (France). The Bugatti Rimac joint company will start with 435 employees, of whom 300 will work in Zagreb and 135 in Molsheim. In addition, there will be 180 employees from the Wolfsburg development site. Bugatti and Rimac will continue to operate as independent brands and retain their production sites in Zagreb and Molsheim, as well as their respective sales channels, the official statement added.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Note: Comments that are unrelated to the post above get automatically filtered into the trash bin.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top